Madam: A Novel of New Orleans by Cari Lynn, Kellie Martin (Paperback / softback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.46+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.99+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.57
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $13.31Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
About this product
- Description<b>When vice had a legal home and jazz was being born--the captivating story of an infamous true-life madam New Orleans, 1900. Mary Deubler makes a meager living as an alley whore. That all changes when bible-thumping Alderman Sidney Story forces the creation of a red-light district that's mockingly dubbed Storyville. Mary believes there's place for a lowly girl like her in the high-class bordellos of Storyville's Basin Street, where Champagne flows and beautiful girls turn tricks in luxurious bedrooms. But with gumption, twists of fate, even a touch of Voodoo, Mary rises above her hopeless lot to become the torious Madame Josie Arlington. Filled with fascinating historical details and cameos by Jelly Roll Morton, Louis Armstrong, and E. J. Bellocq, Madam is a fantastic romp through The Big Easy and the irresistible story of a woman who rose to power long before the era of equal rights.
- Author Biography<b>Cari Lynn </b>is a journalist and the author of four books of nonfiction, including <i>The Whistleblower: Sex Trafficking, Military Contractors, and One Woman's Fight for Justice</i> with Kathryn Bolkovac, and <i>Leg the Spread: A Woman's Adventures Inside the Trillion-Dollar Boy's Club of Commodities Trading</i>. Cari has written for numerous publications, including <i>O, The Oprah Magazine</i>, <i>Health</i>, <i>The Chicago Tribune</i>, and <i>Deadline Hollywood</i>. She has taught at Loyola University and received an M.A. in Writing from Johns Hopkins University. She lives in Los Angeles. This is her first novel. Actress <b>Kellie Martin</b> is most fondly remembered as 'Becca Thatcher' on the ABC series <i>Life Goes On</i> for which she received an Emmy nomination for Best Supporting Actress. She has since appeared on <i>Christy</i>, <i>ER</i>, <i>Grey's Anatomy</i>, <i>Private Practice</i>, <i>Drop Dead Diva</i> and <i>Ghost Whisperer</i>, as well as numerous television movies and feature films. She was most recently seen as Captain Nicole Galassini on Lifetime's <i>Army Wives</i>. She is the national spokesperson for the American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association (AARDA). In 2001, <i>Reader's Digest</i> named Kellie a national Health Hero on its cover; and Lifetime Television profiled her in <i>Intimate Portrait</i>. She is the owner of the online children's boutique, ROMPstore.com and a graduate of Yale University. Talk show appearances in the last year include <i>Today</i>, <i>Access Hollywood Live</i>, T<i>he Ricki Lake Show</i>, <i>Marie</i>, and <i>Home and Family</i>. Recent press coverage includes TimeMagazine.com, People.com, CelebrityBabyScoop.com, as well as a regular blog on Parenting.com. Martin lives in LA with her husband and daughter. This is her first novel.
- Author(s)Cari Lynn,Kellie Martin
- PublisherPlume Books
- Date of Publication25/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlume Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width135 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.