All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe movie edition of Madame Bovary, one of the world's most celebrated, salacious vels. Emma Bovary is the original desperate housewife. Beautiful but bored, irritated and depressed that life doesn't live up to her fantasies, she spends lavishly on clothes and on her home and dives into two affairs. Emma Bovary becomes obsessed with an idealized vision of romantic love. At times, there is passion and fire but it is soon quenched by the realities of life. Depressed and heartbroken, Madame Bovary is also beguiled into debts and she moves recklessly, with tragic results. Many critics say Madame Bovary is the greatest vel ever written and is w considered a seminal work of realism. Enhanced edition with Study Guide, Character analysis & much more. Used by Harvard.
- Author BiographyGustave Flaubert (1821-1880), the younger son of a provincial doctor, briefly studied law before devoting himself to writing, with limited success during his lifetime. After the publication of Madame Bovary in 1857, he was prosecuted for offending public morals.
- Author(s)Gustave Flaubert Flaubert
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.81Trending at AU $13.60
- AU $17.23Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $23.97Trending at AU $26.86
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.06
- AU $10.57Trending at AU $14.08
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.11
- AU $18.17Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.