All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionA razor-sharp and achingly funny memoir of the men and movies that shaped one woman's life. A unique memoir, 'Madame Depardieu and the Beautiful Strangers' is the story of how a young female film critic's love-life is affected and nearly ruined by her obsession with male movie stars. As her increasingly hapless hunt for the right man unfolds and her television and newspaper career unravels, our heroine finally begins to understand that difficult truth: that life is t like the movies. Entwined with the narrative of her real-life love affairs is a kaleidoscope of digressions on great screen actors -- her dream-life with Gerard Depardieu, a personal ad seeking out Tom Cruise, a disastrous climactic encounter with Jeff Bridges. It's a helter skelter ride through love and the movies which reads like a screwball comedy. And the screwball is our heroine, who seems to kw everything about movies and the human heart, and thing about anything else. Written in a fresh and utterly engaging voice, 'Madame Depardieu and the Beautiful Strangers' is both moving and hilarious, a bittersweet and endearingly honest one-off.
- Author BiographyAntonia Quirke is a journalist and lives in London. Her first book 'Jaws' was published by the BFI in 2003.
- Author(s)Antonia Quirke
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication02/07/2007
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight226 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.