All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionMadame Fi Fi's Farewell opens with some lively, affecting poems of love and relationships in a variety of voices: an old man wistfully regrets lost opportunities; Madame Fi Fi decides it is time, somewhat ruefully, to hang up her whip; a lovelorn woman speaks of her unsatisfactory night with a youth from Aruba; and, 'In the Supermarket', a man and a woman encounter one ather after a gap of twenty years. The book also includes poems rooted in the specific soils of Ayrshire and Orkney, where old country characters, primary schoolchildren, and exasperated bus drivers make their voices heard. This is a book of poems to read and re-read, quietly to yourself or - as good poetry of any age deserves - out loud.
- Author(s)Gerry Cambridge
- PublisherLuath Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2003
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLuath Press Ltd
- Content NoteIll.M.
- Weight172 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Introduction byHamish MacAmbrose
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.