All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionMade Up Love Song documents a new work by internationally acclaimed artist Bettina von Zwehl - a captivating series of 34 miniature photographic portraits that record her evolving relationship with sitter Sophia, a V&A gallery assistant. These intimate and beautiful portraits are presented together here for the first time, with an introductory essay by photography curator David Chandler that discusses the philosophy and history of portraiture, as well as von Zwehl's inspiration from the V&A's extensive collection - from Hans Holbein the Younger to John Burrell. Published to accompany the display of this arresting photographic series, Made Up Love Song is an elegantly produced study of von Zwehl's methodology and sensibilities, and an introduction to the practice of an invative contemporary artist.
- Author BiographyBettina von Zwehl is a renowned photographic portrait artist and was Photography Artist in Residence at the V&A in 2011. David Chandler is Professor of Photography at the University of Plymouth.
- Author(s)Bettina von Zwehl,Chandler David
- PublisherV & A Publishing
- Date of Publication02/02/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintV & A Publishing
- Content Note46 colour illustrations
- Width165 mm
- Height165 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.