All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.34
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionMade in Korea: Studies in Popular Music serves as a comprehensive and thorough introduction to the history, sociology, and musicology of contemporary Korean popular music. Each essay covers the major figures, styles, and social contexts of pop music in Korea, first presenting a general description of the history and background of popular music in Korea, followed by essays, written by leading scholars of Korean music, that are organized into thematic sections: History, Institution, Ideology; Genres and Styles; Artists; and Issues.
- Author BiographyHyunjoon Shin is a research professor in the Institute for East Asian Studies (IEAS) at Sungkonghoe University, Seoul. Seung-Ah Lee is a lecturer in the Department of Asian Languages and Cultures at the University of California, Los Angeles, where she teaches Korean Studies.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/08/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleRoutledge Global Popular Music Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white tables
- Weight657 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byHyunjoon Shin,Seung-Ah Lee
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.