All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMadhur Jaffrey, television's most-loved Indian cook, returned to our screens for a major new series for the Good Food Channel in October 2012. Travelling across Britain, visiting local Indian and South Asian communities, Madhur revealed how it's possible to sample virtually the whole of Indian cuisine without ever leaving the British Isles. In the official tie-in book to the series, Madhur Jaffrey showcases her favourite curry recipes with influences from all over the subcontinent: Punjabi, Goan, Parsi and Bengali amongst others. Carefully selected and adapted by Madhur, the recipes conjure up the colour and vitality of this vibrant culture, but keep to her mantra that Indian food doesn't need to be complicated. Always invative and contemporary, Madhur will even give some of these traditional Indian recipes a twist - pairing Aloo Gobi with a very British roast lamb, for example. Whether it's the spicy, lentil-based specialities of Rajesthan, kebabs and kormas from Delhi, or coconut-infused curries from Kerala, we accompany Madhur Jaffrey on her very personal tour of our modern-day Curry Nation.
- Author BiographyMadhur first introduced the West to the delights of Indian food almost 30 years ago and is the authority on Indian cooking. With several hit TV series to her name, she is returning to the UK to reflect on how attitudes have changed towards her native cuisine. Her bestselling titles include Madhur Jaffrey's Ultimate Curry Bible and Curry Easy.
- Author(s)Madhur Jaffrey
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication11/10/2012
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight903 g
- Width199 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.