All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the most comprehensive book ever published on curries, written by Madhur Jaffrey, the world's bestselling Indian cookery author. The influence of the Indian curry has been far-reaching: Indian immigrants and traders influenced the cooking of many other great cuisines of the world, including those of Sri Lanka, Burma, Thailand, Vietnam, Japan and China. History blends with recipes in this meticulously researched book, which will prove fascinating reading for food lovers everywhere. With over 150 mouthwatering recipes, Madhur starts with the best curry recipes in India today, moves on to Asian curries, and even includes European curry ideas such as French curry sauces. Some recipes have never before appeared in print, such as fish seasoned with tamarind and coconut and lamb braised with oranges. Also included are Madhur's tips for the best accompanying foods - she gives us recipe ideas for rice, bread, chutneys, relishes and sweets - the perfect complement for any curry. Beautifully illustrated throughout, this book is set to become the standard reference book on curries.
- Author BiographyNow regarded by many as the world authority on Indian food, Madhur Jaffrey was born in Delhi and is an award-winning actress and bestselling cookery author. Her first book, An Invitation to Indian Cookery, was published in 1973 and since then she has written over 15 cookbooks, now considered classics in their field, including Madhur Jaffrey's Ultimate Curry Bible and Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian. She has appeared in over 20 films, including Merchant Ivory's Heat and Dust and Cotton Mary. In 2006 she published her memoir of childhood, Climbing the Mango Trees.
- Author(s)Madhur Jaffrey
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication02/10/2003
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Content Note45 colour illustrations, index
- Weight1293 g
- Width200 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine29 mm
Most relevant reviews
- owen261209 Sep, 2014by
SATISFIED, LOVE THE CHILLI'S ON COVER
Made the yellow thai curry for work, all the chefs in fine dining establishment loved it. Need I say more?
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.59Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.