Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian: An Unrivalled Sourcebook of Over 600 Recipes and Ingredients from All Over the Globe by Madhur Jaffrey (Hardback, 1998)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $53.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 30 Oct
- AU $24.02Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVegetarian cookery, once associated with the East, is w a firmly established part of our Western culture and eating habits. As meat-free cooking has grown in popularity and sophistication, we have borrowed a whole range of techniques and ideas from various cultures, creating an exciting tradition of globally influenced vegetarian cuisine. Rather than approaching vegetarianism from a dry, didactic standpoint, this major cookery book takes as its starting point the principle that vegetarian cooking is one of the most interesting, dynamic areas in food today and provides a collection of the very best vegetarian recipes the world's cuisines have to offer. Chapter to chapter the book focuses on different ingredients, from vegetables and grains to pulses and dairy products, providing fascinating information about less familiar ingredients, such as wild rice or the many kinds of salad leaves available. Over 500 vegetarian recipes draw on the whole world for their inspiration, from Thailand to Tunisia, from the Mediterranean to Mexico. Throughout Madhur Jaffrey's rewned talent for informing and inspiring her audience is apparent, and her own personal anecdotes and stories set the recipes in context. Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian will be a milestone in modern cuisine and is a cookbook which is set to be on kitchen shelves for many, many years to come.
- Author BiographyNow regarded by many as the world authority on Indian food, Madhur Jaffrey was born in Delhi and is an award-winning actress and bestselling cookery author. Her first book, An Invitation to Indian Cookery, was published in 1973 and since then she has written over 15 cookbooks, now considered classics in their field, including Madhur Jaffrey's Ultimate Curry Bible and Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian. She has appeared in over 20 films, including Merchant Ivory's Heat and Dust and Cotton Mary. In 2006 she published her memoir of childhood, Climbing the Mango Trees.
- PrizesWinner of Guild of Food Writers Awards: Cookery Book of the Year 1999.
- Author(s)Madhur Jaffrey
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication08/10/1998
- SubjectVegetarian Cookery
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Content Note1
- Weight1818 g
- Width195 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.