All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- DescriptionFounded in the grounds of Magdalen College 500 years ago, Magdalen College School has been educating centuries of students. Originally intended to offer free tuition in grammar, it has attracted students from all walks of life and from all around the UK during its history. From a period of initial success, the fortunes of the school have waxed and waned over the centuries until modern times, where it has become one of the premier independent schools in the country. With former pupils including lord chancellors, film directors, Nobel Prize-winning scientists and ted composers, Magdalen College School has a rich and engaging history, which this book brings to life with colour illustrations and photographs.
- Author BiographyProfessor L. W. B. Brockliss has been a Fellow and Tutor in Modern History at Magdalen since 1984. He is the author inter alia of French Higher Education in the Seventeenth and Eighteenth Centuries (Oxford, 1987) and The University of Oxford: A History (2016).
- Author(s)Lawrence Brockliss
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication28/07/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Shire
- Content Note100 b/w
- Weight219 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.