Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.51
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.71
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.68
About this product
- DescriptionHenry Kessler wrestles. Not that he particularly likes to, especially when it's with one of his best friends' mother. Or when he wrestles with tions of how to coax his father out of the Airstream parked in the middle of the desert and back into the family home. Or how to get his fly-fishing classmate Julie to see him as more than just ather trout swimming upstream, or how to help Lenny out of going to Vietnam or Greg from self destructing on drugs. And t that he particularly likes wrestling with his own existence either and figuring out where exactly he fits after eighteen years in Grand River. Set in western Colorado, where mountains meet desert-against the backdrop of Vietnam, Nixon versus McGovern, and Jim Morrison and the Doors-this book is a romp, both real and imagined, across one summer after high school graduation. Four friends, four families, and a colorful cast of quirky characters people this poignant story of loss and redemption, from Miss Darling, the fortuneteller who lives in a mud hut on the canal bank by day and travels the stars by night, to Peefee Maldonado, whose staccato laughter resembles the glass-packed mufflers of his '55 pickup; from Mr. Shimizu, the neighbor man who digs up his bonsai garden in favor of xeriscaping, to Mrs. Woods, a denizen of the country club, who prefers tennis whites, bikinis, and extra-dry martinis; from Redd Morgan, who'd just as soon belch out a beery insult than about anything else, to Mrs. Bartelli, whose zeal for Jesus is only matched by her disdain for her offspring. Magic Club -a companion vel, t sequel, to Brown's Sundays in August, also from Sunstone Press-has the same rich, sensory-driven prose, seamlessly melded galaxy of characters who dazzle and befuddle, and unpredictable twists that keep the reader guessing and off-balance. In a word, a gem. HARRY CLIFFORD BROWN lives with his wife Carolyn in Grand Junction, Colorado. He is currently working on a vel set in southern China, where he lived for two years teaching English to Chinese astromers.
- Author(s)Harry Clifford Brown
- PublisherSunstone Press
- Date of Publication10/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSunstone Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.