Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $8.00+ postage
- Good condition
- Sold by 1manandvan
- Pickup available
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou don't need a white tiger, expensive props, or hours of preparation to do magic. With a little practice, some clever misdirection (which lays at the heart of all magic tricks), and showmanship, you can surprise family, friends, and coworkers using a few everyday items! If you're looking to saw a beautiful women in half or make buildings disappear, we're sorry, but this book isn't you. But if you want to act out little miracles that you can perform on the spur of the moment with items that are usually within reach, then Magic For Dummies can show you how. Magic For Dummies features more than 90 easy-to-perform deceptions, illusions, and sleights of hand for any event or occasion. You'll discover how to perform entertaining card tricks, coin tricks, disappearing acts, as well as the always-popular mind reading trick. You'll even see how easy it is to make money disappear as well as melt a saltshaker! Chock-full of show-stopping tricks, Magic For Dummies will: *Get you started with easy-to-learn magic tricks *Let you turn a restaurant into a your stage with tricks that include utensils, mugs, and even food *Show you how to use a deck of cards to perform endless magic tricks *Make you the life of the party with tricks such as Call This Number, The Strength Test, and The Phantom Photo *Get you out of tough situations by giving you ten things to say when things go wrong Filled with photos, patter, and presentation tips for every trick in the book, Magic For Dummies offers a great opportunity to become familiar with some of the coolest magic tricks ever performed. With the help of author David Pogue and the stunning tricks contributed by thirty-five of America's top professional magicians, you'll be leaving your friends, family, and coworkers spellbound at your mastery of the mystical arts.
- Author BiographyAbout David Pogue David Pogue is a member of the International Brotherhood of Magicians and has performed magic at parties, special events, on TV, and even over the radio for 25 years. He created and taught the beginning magic programs at the New School for Social Research and the Learning Annex. He has been known to mesmerize audiences with his magic tricks while on tour promoting his many bestselling books, including Macs(R) For Dummies(R), 5th Edition, Opera For Dummies(R), and Classical Music For Dummies(R). Contributor Mark Levy, magic consultant, has levitated and read spectators' minds for nearly 30 years. His writings have appeared in some of magic's most revered literary sources, including Richard Kaufman's CardMagic, Apocalypse magazine, and Magic.
- Author(s)David Pogue
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication09/07/1998
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationFoster City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHungry Minds Inc,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight614 g
- Width185 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Reading AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.