All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionThe first book in English to consider these fortifications in detail, this book describes the major fortified lines built during the 1930s in Germany and neighboring nations in response to France's construction of the Magit Line. Using drawings and descriptions, the authors assess the military necessity and usefulness-or lack thereof-of these popular fortifications. Many designers attempted to copy some of the better-kwn features of the Magit Line, but often the defenses consisted more of propaganda than of concrete and steel. Nonetheless, when Germany stood poised to attack, the fate of Europe hung on these fortified lines.
- Author BiographyJ. E. KAUFMANN is Adjunct Professor at Palo Alto Jr. College and a secondary school teacher. H. W. KAUFMANN is Lecturer at the University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Author(s)H. W. Kaufmann,J. E. Kaufmann
- Date of Publication30/09/1997
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Notefigures, bibliography, index
- Weight5 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Foreword byGunther D. Reiss
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.