All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding the properties of magnetic materials underlies many of today's techlogical advances. The range of applications in which they are centrally involved includes audio, video and computer techlogy, telecommunications, automotive sensors, electric motors, medical imaging, energy supply and transportation. This two-volume work deals with the basic phemena that govern the magnetic properties of matter, with magnetic materials and with the applications in science, techlogy and medicine. A phemelogical description of the mechanisms involved has been deliberately chosen in most chapters in order for the book to be useful to a wide readership. The emphasis is explaining, rather than attempting to calculate, the mechanisms underlying the exchange interaction and magnetocrystalline anisotropy, which lead to magnetic order, hence to useful materials. Volume II introduces magnetic effects at the atomic, mesoscopic and macroscopic levels, and a presentation of magneto-caloric, magneto-elastic, magneto-optical and magneto-transport coupling effects.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/10/2004
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight2020 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byDamien Gignoux,Etienne du Tremolet de Lacheisserie,Michel Schlenker
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.