All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionCovering basic physical concepts, experimental methods, and applications, this book is an indispensable text on the fascinating science of magnetism, and an invaluable source of practical reference data. Accessible, authoritative, and assuming undergraduate familiarity with vectors, electromagnetism and quantum mechanics, this textbook is well suited to graduate courses. Emphasis is placed on practical calculations and numerical magnitudes - from nascale to astromical scale - focussing on modern applications, including permanent magnet structures and spin electronic devices. Each self-contained chapter begins with a summary, and ends with exercises and further reading. The book is thoroughly illustrated with over 600 figures to help convey concepts and clearly explain ideas. Easily digestible tables and data sheets provide a wealth of useful information on magnetic properties. The 38 principal magnetic materials, and many more related compounds, are treated in detail.
- Author BiographyJ. M. D. Coey leads the Magnetism and Spin Electronics group at Trinity College, Dublin, where he is Erasmus Smith's Professor of Natural and Experimental Philosophy. An authority on magnetism and its applications, he has been awarded the Gold Medal of the Royal Irish Academy and the Charles Chree Medal of the Institute of Physics for his work on magnetic materials.
- Author(s)J. M. D. Coey
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication25/03/2010
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note324 b/w illus. 126 exercises
- Weight1500 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.