All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, we describe in detail a numerical method to study the equilibrium and stability of a plasma confined by a strong magnetic field in toroidal geometry without two-dimensional symmetry. The principal appli- cation is to stellarators, which are currently of interest in thermonuclear fusion research. Our mathematical model is based on the partial differential equations of ideal magnetohydrodynamics. The main contribution is a computer code named BETA that is listed in the final chapter. This work is the natural continuation of an investigation that was presented in an early volume of the Springer Series in Computational Physics (cf. ). It has been supported over a period of years by the U.S. Department of Energy under Contract DE-AC02-76ER03077 with New York University. We would like to express our gratitude to Dr. Franz Herrnegger for the assistance he has given us with the preparation of the manuscript. We are especially indebted to Connie Engle for the high quality of the final typescript. New York F. BAUER October 1983 O. BETANCOURT P. GARABEDIAN Contents 1. Introduction 1 2. Sypsis of the Method 3 1. Variational principle 3 2. Coordinate system 6 3. Finite Difference Scheme 8 1. Difference equations ... 8 2. Island structure ...10 3. Accelerated iteration procedure ...12 Nonlinear Stability 15 4. 1. Second minimization ...15 ...2. Test functions and convergence studies ...17 . 3. Comparison with exact solutions ...19 5. The Mercier Criterion 22 1. Local mode analysis ...22 ...2. Computational method ...23 ...
- Author(s)F. Bauer,O. Betancourt,P. R. Garabedian
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/09/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight329 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1984
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.