Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.65Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is a tribute to the life and work of Hazel Rowley, internationally acclaimed biographer who died unexpectedly in March 2011. Her passions were many and varied: biography, politics, questions of race and sexuality, the ways in which couples negotiate the dilemmas posed by the need to retain their individuality while building a life as a couple, the deleterious effects of imposing a corporate mentality on universities - all these, and more, were subjects of intense interest to her. This collection combines essays responding to many of those interests with creative writing to hour the complexity and variety of her own magnificent contribution. Hazel Rowley, whose life and work are houred in this collection, was the author of many articles and essays and four outstanding biographies, Christina Stead: A Biography, Richard Wright: The Life and Times, Tete-a-Tete: Simone de Beauvoir and Jean Paul Sartre, and Franklin and Elear: An Extraordinary Marriage.
- Author BiographyRosemary Lloyd, FAHA, was educated at the Universities of Adelaide and Cambridge. She taught at the University of Cambridge and at Indiana University (Bloomington) before her retirement and now lives in Adelaide. Her main academic interests are in nineteenth- and twentieth-century poetry and prose, especially their relationships with painting, and in translation. Jean Fornasiero, FAHA, is Professor of French Studies at the University of Adelaide. Her principal area of research is the history of ideas in nineteenth-century France, with a particular focus on the utopian socialism of the Romantic period. She has also published on twentieth-century French fiction, particularly on intellectual history, life-writing and crime fiction, and more recently on French-Australian relations.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJean Fornasiero,Rosemary Lloyd
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.