All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $67.12Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
About this product
- DescriptionOral Commentary on Mahamudra by His Eminence Garchen Rinpoche given in San Francisco in 1997. Translated by Khenchen Konchog Gyaltshen.
- Author BiographyHis Eminence Gar Konchog Nyidon Nyima Chokyi Senge was born in 1936. His Holiness Zhiwe Lodro (the prior Chetsang Rinpoche, 1886 - 1943) recognized him to be the incarnation of Garchen Thrinley Yongchap. From the age of seven to twenty-two he stayed at the Drikung monastery called Lho Miyel-gon. At a young age he was given a special ordination during which he recognized Lord Jigten Sumgon in a portrait and said, This is my lama. During this period his former disciple, Chime Dorje, taught Rinpoche. When Garchen Rinpoche was thirteen, Chime Dorje gave him the Mahamudra teachings. Thereafter he received all the Drikung Kagyu empowerments and teachings, started ngondro practice, and studied the Six Yogas of Naropa. During the Cultural Revolution there were no Dharma teachings. However, he secretly received instructions from Khenpo Munsel. With great perseverance, he practiced the teachings for twenty years. Khenpo Munsel was very pleased and said; He is a very special bodhisattva incarnation. Of this there is no doubt. Garchen Rinpoche is currently establishing a Buddhist College at his monastery Lho Longkar Gon for about one hundred monks. Whatever food or wealth he receives as offerings is always used for the monks and nuns. He keeps nothing for himself. He is very respectful to all persons. With loving-kindness, compassion and bodhicitta he thinks only of how to benefit others. (Background notes are taken from the article Introducing...His Eminence Garchen Rinpoche in the Dharma Wheel, the quarterly newsletter of the Tibetan Meditation Center, Vol. 4, Spring, 1997).
- Author(s)H E Garchen Triptrul Rinpoche
- PublisherBeach Books
- Date of Publication08/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBeach Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Translated byKhenchen Konchog Gyaltshen
- Revised byPeter Barth
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.