All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- Description<i>Maiden USA: Girl Icons Come of Age</i> explores images of powerful, contradictory pop culture icons of the past decade, which run the gamut from Mean Girls and their Endangered Victims to Superheroines and Ingenue Goddesses. Are girls of the Title IX generation in need of Internet protection, or are they Supergirls evolving beyond gender stereotypes to rescue us all? <i>Maiden USA</i> provides an overview of girl trends since the 90s including the emergence of girls digital media-making and self-representation venues on MySpace, Facebook and YouTube as the newest wave of Girl Power.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Kathleen Sweeney teaches Communication Arts at Marymount Manhattan College and Media Arts at The New School and has been artist-in-residence at DIA: Beacon, Children's Media Project, and Reel Grrls. A media artist and writer, her Maiden USA lectures have been presented at various colleges in the U.S. and her award-winning video art has screened internationally.
- Author(s)Kathleen Sweeney
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2008
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleMediated Youth
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.