All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionMoses Maimonides was the most significant Jewish thinker, jurist, and doctor of the Middle Ages. Author of a monumental code of Jewish law, and the most influential and controversial work of Jewish philosophy, Maimonides looms larger than any other figure in the Jewish Middle Ages.The essays in this volume were written to mark the 800th anniversary of Maimonides' death in 1204. Written by the leading scholars in the field, they cover all aspects of Maimonides' work and influence. From his work on Jewish law to his unique understanding of God; from his view of the soul to his understanding of other religions; from his influence on Jewish scholars in the eastern Mediterranean to his impact on the emergence of modern Judaism - the essays in this volume cover all this and more. It is an indispensable collection for all those interested in the history of Judaism over the last 800 years.
- Author BiographyJay M. Harris is Harvard College Professor and Harry Austryn Wolfson Professor of Jewish Studies, Harvard University.
- Author(s)Jay M. Harris
- PublisherHarvard Center for Jewish Studies
- Date of Publication08/01/2008
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleHarvard Center for Jewish Studies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Center for Jewish Studies
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight744 g
- Width164 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.