Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough Maimonides did t write a running commentary on any book of the Bible, biblical exegesis occupies a central place in his writings, especially in the Guide of the Perplexed . Maimonides as Biblical Interpreter offers a collection of essays on several key biblical interpretations by Maimonides dealing with the creation of the world, the story of the Garden of Eden, Jacob's dream of the ladder, King Solomon as an esoterist philosopher, and the problem of exoteric and esoteric biblical interpretations in the Guide. Special attention is paid to Maimonides' methods of interpretation and to his esoteric way of writing. Some of the articles in this volume were originally published in Hebrew, and appear here for the first time in an English translation.
- Author BiographySara Klein-Braslavy (Ph.D. Universite de Paris IV) is a professor of Jewish philosophy at Tel-Aviv University. She is the author of three Hebrew books on Maimonides: Maimonides' Interpretation of the Story of Creation; Maimonides' Interpretation of the Adam Stories in Genesis - A Study in Maimonides' Anthropology; and King Solomon and Philosophical Esotericism in the Thought of Maimonides. She has also written numerous articles on Jewish medieval philosophy.
- Author(s)Sara Klein-Braslavy
- PublisherAcademic Studies Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2011
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleEmunot: Jewish Philosophy and Kabbalah
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Studies Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.