All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionMain Group Chemistry covers the chemistry of the s- and p-block elements, together with a brief chapter on the chemistry of zinc, cadmium and mercury, often classified as main group elements rather than as transition elements. The Periodic Table is an important predictive tool in main group chemistry and in this book, forms the basis for describing the trends and variations in the chemistry of the elements. Introductory material covers the basic principles behind the Periodic Table, bonding, electronegativity and VSEPR (Valence Shell Electron Pair Repulsion) theory. The chemistry of various groups of elements is then discussed. The book incorporates a valuable chapter on irganic polymers, discussing the chemistry of materials such as silicates, silicones, phosphazenes and diamond. Additional material is available on the website at www.rsc.org/tct Ideal for the needs of undergraduate chemistry students, Tutorial Chemistry Texts is a major series consisting of short, single topic or modular texts concentrating on the fundamental areas of chemistry taught in undergraduate science courses. Each book provides a concise account of the basic principles underlying a given subject, embodying an independent-learning philosophy and including worked examples.
- Author BiographyProfessor Abel is an Emeritus Professor at the University of Exeter.
- Author(s)W. Henderson
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication04/08/2000
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleTutorial Chemistry Texts
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 3
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight550 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Series Edited byA. G. Davies,David Phillips,J. Derek Woollins
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.