All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contains a collection of major research contributions over the last decade in the area of composite materials and sandwich structures supported by the Of?ce of Naval Research (ONR) under the direction of Dr. Yapa D. S. Rajapakse. The Solid Mechanics Research Program at ONR supports research in mechanics of high performancematerialsfortheeffectivedesigfdurableandaffordableNavalstr- tures. Such structures operate in severe environments, and are designed to withstand complex multi-axial loading conditions, including highly dynamic loadings. The - fective design of these structures requires an understanding of the deformation and failure characteristics of structural materials, and the ability to predict and control their performance characteristics. The major focus is on mechanics of composite materials and composite sandwich structures. The program deals with understa- ing and modeling the physical processes involved in the response of glass-?ber and carbon-?ber reinforced composite materials and composite sandwich structures to static, cyclic, and dynamic, multi-axial loading conditions, in severe environments (sea water, moisture, temperature extremes, and hydrostatic pressure). This anthology consists of 30 chapters written by ONR contractors and rec- nized experts in their ?elds and serves as a reference and guide for future research.
- Date of Publication05/11/2009
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1418 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edited byE. E. Gdoutos,Issac M. Daniel,Y. Rajapakse
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.