All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $34.64Trending at AU $35.22
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
About this product
- DescriptionAlexander M. McCook, was one of the youngest major generals in the Union army, was a member of a patriotic family from Ohio that became kwn as the Fighting McCooks. He participated in some of the bloodiest campaigns of the Civil War, including Bull Run, Shiloh, Perryville, Stones River and Chickamauga. In battle, McCook could be rash and reckless, but his personal courage was beyond reproach, and his career was marked by controversy. He was subjected to an inquiry into his conduct at the battle of Chickamauga and while he was cleared of all charges, he was relived of command and spent the remainder of the war handling relatively mir assignments. Although he was forced to deal with criticism and accusations all his postwar life, McCook was able to look back on a lifetime of proud service.
- Author BiographyRetired attorney Wayne Fanebust is a full time writer of non-fiction books on a variety of topics including the history of the American West, Dakota Territory, historic true crime, and the Civil War. He lives in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
- Author(s)Wayne Fanebust
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/12/2012
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.