Make Me (with Bonus Short Story Small Wars): A Jack Reacher Novel by Lee Child (Paperback / softback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.32Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.90Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER - NAMED ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR BY LOS ANGELES TIMES, THE GUARDIAN, AND SUSPENSE MAGAZINE - Stephen King calls Jack Reacher the coolest continuing series character --and w he's back in this masterly new thriller from Lee Child. <p/> Why is this town called Mother's Rest? That's all Reacher wants to kw. But one will tell him. It's a tiny place hidden in a thousand square miles of wheat fields, with a railroad stop, and sullen and watchful people, and a worried woman named Michelle Chang, who mistakes him for someone else: her missing partner in a private investigation she thinks must have started small and then turned lethal. <p/> Reacher has particular place to go, and all the time in the world to get there, and there's something about Chang . . . so he teams up with her and starts to ask around. He thinks: How bad can this thing be? But before long he's plunged into a desperate race through LA, Chicago, Phoenix, and San Francisco, and through the hidden parts of the internet, up against thugs and assassins every step of the way--right back to where he started, in Mother's Rest, where he must confront the worst nightmare he could imagine. <p/> Walking away would have been easier. But as always, Reacher's rule is: If you want me to stop, you're going to have to make me. <p/>Praise for Make Me <p/> Child's Reacher series has hit Book No. 20 with a resounding peal of wisecracking glee. Everything about it, starting with Reacher's se for bad news, is as strong as ever. . . . The big guy's definitely on the upswing. The guy who writes about him is too. --Janet Maslin, The New York Times <p/> Ather winner . . . There's a reason why Child is considered the best of the best in the thriller genre: He can take all these strange elements and cliches and make them compelling and original. --Associated Press <p/> A superb thriller. --New York Daily News <p/> Child's complete command of the story makes this thriller work brilliantly. --Publishers Weekly (starred review) <p/> I've read all twenty of Lee Child's vels. Maybe there's something wrong with me. But I can't wait for the twenty-first. --Malcolm Gladwell, The New Yorker <p/> [The Reacher series] is the current gold standard in the genre. . . . In Make Me Lee Child delivers ather Jack Reacher specialty; the total kckout. --Dayton Daily News <p/> Child serves up wingding plots, pithy dialogue, extraordinary background on intriguing topics, and cunningly constructed suspense. But what keeps us coming back--by the millions--is the chance to walk around in the skin of that big guy in the middle of everything. --The Oregonian <p/> A dark thriller . . . Lee Child's Make Me, the twentieth in his wildly popular Jack Reacher series, delivers exactly what readers have come to expect from the perennial bestselling author: interesting characters, tight plots and page-turning action. . . . Readers won't be disappointed. --Minneapolis Star Tribune <p/> Jack Reacher is back. . . . Readers new to this series will find this book a good starting point, and fans will be pleased to see Jack again. --LibraryReads (Top Ten Pick) <p/> The reigning champ ups the ante. --Booklist (starred review)
- Author BiographyLee Child is the author of twenty New York Times bestselling Jack Reacher thrillers, eleven of which have reached the #1 position. All have been optioned for major motion pictures; the first, Jack Reacher, was based on One Shot. Foreign rights in the Reacher series have sold in almost a hundred territories. A native of England and a former television director, Lee Child lives in New York City. <p/>From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Lee Child
- Date of Publication29/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleJack Reacher Novels
- Series Part/Volume Number20
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight272 g
- Width107 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTall rack paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $14.80
- AU $12.29Trending at AU $17.31
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.