Make Others Greater: From Mt. Everest to the Boardroom: Vital Lessons from Dynamic Innovators, Explorers and Everyday Heroes That Will Inspire the Way You Lead by Gary Guller, Phillip Macko (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.37Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $18.77Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToo damned fast. We're falling too damn fast. No choice w. We will stop. And I will die. Thus begins the wild and wonderful journey that is Make Others Greater. After his near-death experience at Pico de Orizaba, a climb that claimed the life of his best friend, Gary Guller made a decision to keep climbing. His decision was t without cost; to pursue climbing again meant the amputation of his left arm. In the years to follow, Gary would negotiate with armed Maoist rebels, stand atop several of the world's highest peaks, complete an Ironman competition, and compete in the Marathon de Sables-the world's toughest footrace. He would also lead the largest group of persons with disabilities to ever reach base camp. Gary would later become the first person with one arm to Summit Mt. Everest, the highest mountain in the world. From Sir Ernest Shackleton to Circuit City, from IBM to Caravaggio, Make Others Greater combines Gary's incredible stories with those of leaders and businesses around the world and throughout time to deliver a commanding and inspirational message of resilience and empowerment. Survival alone doesn't define us. It's what we learn from the experience that does. We all climb our own Everest. Make Others Greater illuminates the path onward and upward.
- Author BiographyMeeting Gary Guller is like referring to an edition of the dictionary that did not print the word 'impossible'. We refer dictionaries not for knowledge but for meanings to words that we find hard to understand or even not know about. When you hear Gary speak as you sit in the audience or when you have a one on one chat with him, he answers many of your questions before you even ask them. Gary Guller is the first person with one arm to summit Mount everest. He also lead the world's largest ever cross-disability group to the Everest Base Camp. And this did not happen just like that, beyond the physical effort it takes to climb everest there is also a long road of preparation. Also you can imagine what it takes to bringing together a large group of people with cross-disabilities together to achieve what most of the people (without any disabilities) only dream about. It takes much more than training and funds, it takes a vision beyond ones own self. When he says thirty five years of passion, focus and dedication for thirty one minutes on the top of the world it covers a lot in it. When you rework that sentence all over in your mind again it explodes into thousands of pieces each answering many questions in your life about passion, work, ambition, wants, desire, team work, commitment, trust and more. It even tells you about the unpredictability of life and the balance that you keep as you walk on it and above all the importance of every moment you live in. Just before the talk when we shared a few minutes together and got introduced an interesting fact struck me. Gary as a motivational speaker often communicates with many CEOs and top executives who head organizations and groups in the corporate world. And the reason they look at Gary for inspiration might be because he has literally been on the top of the world. In their journeys to the top of their organizations who else can be a better inspiration and coach than Gary. I have heard several motivational speakers talk in my life, but not many times do you get to see someone who does not quote from other's lives but tells his own story and it inspires you. Well Gary tells you what he did and you will be inspired...Vinod N. (Please visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/makeothersgreater)
- Author(s)Gary Guller,Phillip Macko
- PublisherSecond Starters
- Date of Publication23/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSecond Starters
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.