All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionDespite considerable investment in resources and tools, many managers and their companies struggle to get the level of talent they truly require. Make Talent Your Business gets to the heart of the matter: Managers themselves are in the best position to help people learn from experience (the uncontested major source of development). The books shows managers how to do this by using the five practices that work for leaders who are exceptional at building talent. Based upon research with exceptional leaders from companies such as Corning, Intel, Merck, Kraft, Siemens, Marriott, Microsoft, Wells Fargo and Xerox this approach goes well beyond the usual managerial coaching and performance management. This breakthrough approach of five practices helps managers develop significant capabilities in their employees well beyond the scope of their current roles. It integrates development into day-to-day work, rather than making it a separate event. Managers who develop people this way get better results, retain talent, enhance their own reputations and certainly do t want to return to their former ways of managing.
- Author BiographyJeannie Coyle has been working to help companies develop the leadership skills, business acumen and organizational culture to grow the business for 30 years. She has worked with the senior management to align the people side with business strategy execution at organizations that include 3M, Intel, Nike, Time Warner, S. C. Johnson Wax, American Express, GE Capital, Pacific Gas & Electric, The New York Times, Kaiser Permanente and Wells Fargo. She has been a board member of the Human Resource Planning Society for two terms and a member of the executive committee for seven years. She teaches in the MBA programs of Marylhurst University and Portland State University. Wendy Axelrod PhD has worked with managers and executives to design and implement efforts that increase organization and leadership performance for 25 years. Her clients include Fortune 100 companies and medium-sized firms such as: Merrill Lynch, Novo Nordisk Inc, Wyeth, Duke Energy, American Family Insurance, Deloitte, Vanguard, Occidental, sanofi aventis, Merck, and DuPont. She speaks at national and regional conferences for organizations such as: Organization Development Network, IQPC, Human Resource Planning Society, and ASTD.
- Author(s)Jeannie Coyle,Wendy Axelrod
- Date of Publication01/06/2011
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleAgency/Distributed
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures, charts
- Weight570 g
- Width55 mm
- Height85 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.