All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArthur C. Clarke famously wrote in 1961, Any sufficiently advanced techlogy is indistinguishable from magic. In the next issue of MAKE (Vol. 23) we'll show you the techlogy sufficient to make things that seem like magic. In this special GADGETS issue, devoted to machines that do delightful and surprising things, we'll show you how to make the following: a magic suitcase that contains an animated soothsayer, an electromagnetic gadget that shoots aluminum rings, a clever wooden gear mechanism invented by Renaissance gadgetmaster Leonardo Da Vinci, a miniature electronic Whack-a-Mole arcade game, a tiny but mighty audio amplifier, and a creepy mechanical box that's only purpose is to turn itself off. All this and much, much more in MAKE Vol. 23. MAKE continues to be a leader in the tech DIY movement due to its uncanny instinct to engage the curiosity, vitality, and passion of the growing community of Makers -- DIY enthusiasts, hobbyist engineers/designers, and others who like to tweak, disassemble, recreate, and invent cool new uses for techlogy in amazing projects they undertake in their backyards, basements, and garages.
- Author BiographyMark Frauenfelder is a writer and illustrator living in Los Angeles, and the editor of MAKE. He is the cofounder of the popular Boing Boing weblog and was an editor at Wired from 1993-1998.
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication31/08/2010
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMaker Media
- Content Notecolour illustrations, black & white line drawings
- Weight331 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byMark Frauenfelder
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.