All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf treated and urished properly your skin will be healthy and glowing, making you feel good and look great. This book will guide you through creating your own personal range of skin care applications, tailored to your particular skin type - or any body else's. The products made use natural ingredients where possible, and throughout the book you will find details of the purpose and benefits of the ingredients used. You will also learn about ingredients that can be substituted so that you can adapt the recipes to suit your or others' needs. In this book you will discover how to: - Choose essential oils that are useful for treating different skin conditions - Design and create a range of products including a cleanser, toner, face mask and moisturising cream - Identify the ingredients that are beneficial in hand-made skin care products - Make informed choices on which ingredients are most appropriate for different skin conditions - Make tinctures and infusions to use in your products - Store your products to ensure that they are fresh and safe to use Contents: Introduction; 1. Sensible Healthy and Safety; 2. Tools of the Trade; 3. Why Is Your Skin So Important; 4. Caring for Your Skin; 5. Cosmetic Ingredients; 6. Making Facial Products: Routines & Recipes; 7. Making Tinctures & Infusions; 8. Treatments for Troubled Skin; 9. Emulsions, Antioxidants & Preserves; 10. Commerical Skincare Products; Resources; Index.
- Author BiographySally Hornsey runs Plush Folly, a private cosmetic training company, specialising in a range of cosmeticmaking workshops, kits and home study courses. Sally has taught many students how to design a range of skin care products for their own use and has given students the skills and knowledge they need to establish a flourishing business.
- Author(s)Sally Hornsey
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication26/10/2011
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHow To Books Ltd
- Content NoteColour
- Weight350 g
- Width159 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine12 mm
Most relevant reviews
- turner-whylie06 Dec, 2012by
enjoyment of skincare products manufacturing.
I purchased this book for a friend. She is very interested in the book and enjoys making the skin care products. thank you
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.36Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.