All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPractical tools to help you see what's right and do it. People are often sceptical that there is anything they can do to raise society's ethical level. Mark Pastin begs to differ. We can make a difference, and we don't need ethics experts to tell us what to do. He argues that we all have an innate ethical sense what he calls an ethics eye. He offers tools for sharpening the ethics eye so we can see and do the right thing ourselves, particularly in the workplace, where our decisions can affect t just ourselves but coworkers, clients, customers, and even an entire organization. Seeing what's right is one thing getting others to agree with you is ather. With examples drawn from his decades of experience advising governments, corporations, and NGOs, Pastin shows how to identify competing interests, analyse the facts, understand the viewpoints, measure the benefits of different outcomes, and build consensus. You'll gain confidence in your ethical sense, make better leadership decisions, and take actions that elevate the ethics of the groups and organizations you belong to and society as a whole.
- Author BiographyMark Pastin is the founder and President of The Council of Ethical Organizations. The Council is a non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to practical approaches to ethics and compliance issues. Dr. Pastin also established the first academic ethics institute, the Lincoln Center for Ethics. He has advised corporations including Caterpillar, American Express, Medtronic, NYNEX, Motorola, General Electric, Texas Instruments, Intel, Cadbury Schweppes, and J.P. Morgan,. He has served as advisor to both Houses of Congress and to state and federal agencies, including the Internal Revenue Service, the Social Security Administration, and the National Science Foundation. He has advised foreign governments and agencies in the European Community, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, Hong Kong, the Republic of China, and the United Kingdom. Pastin has served as faculty member and administrator at Indiana University, the University of Michigan, Harvard University, University of Maryland, Arizona State University and Johns Hopkins.
- Author(s)Mark Pastin
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleAgency/Distributed
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight300 g
- Width56 mm
- Height87 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.