All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDespite new research and increased public awareness, autism is still looked at in a negative light. Most books on the subject perpetuate this tion by saying that autism is bad or needs to be overcome, rather than highlighting the positive-for instance, many people with autism graduate from college, attain exciting careers, and lead happy, fulfilling lives. Making Autism a Gift emphasizes these positive realities and tears down the wall of isolation associated with this disorder. With information from hundreds of up-to-date sources, this practical book looks at the effects of autism on the individual and provides strategies parents can use to help their autistic children at home and beyond.
- Author BiographyRobert Evert Cimera is an associate professor at Kent State University in the Department of Special Education. He has worked extensively with autistic children and their families and since being diagnosed with ADHD as a child, Robert has earned a Ph.D. and published seven books.
- Author(s)Robert Evert Cimera
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication11/01/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Weight435 g
- Width149 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.