All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionAn extraordinary spiritual practice with the power to transform the ordinary life Even in our modern society, one of the most effective ways to develop a dynamic relationship with God is through the 450-year-old practice of Ignatian spirituality. Joseph A. Tetlow, SJ, a leading expert on the subject, shows how Ignatian principles and practices can help each of us to discern God's will for our life and to become a changed person in Christ. Having overseen the efforts of more than 200 Jesuit retreat houses and centers for spirituality, Fr. Tetlow is uniquely equipped to describe how the ordinary person in the 21st century can live out the extraordinary theology of St. Ignatius of Loyola. The 40 concise meditations contained in <i>Making Choices in Christ </i>explore what Ignatian spirituality is and isn't; what it means to live by it; Ignatius's legacy to all who practice the spirituality; and its important concepts and experiences, most tably the Spiritual Exercises. An ideal resource to be used before or during a retreat with the Exercises, this book can guide any layperson at any time toward a life-changing encounter with the living God.
- Author BiographyJoseph A. Tetlow, SJ, is currently the director of the Montserrat Jesuit Retreat House in Lake Dallas, Texas. A former head of the Jesuit general's Secretariat for Ignatian Spirituality, he has also served as president of the Jesuit School of Theology at Berkeley, professor of theology at Saint Louis University, and associate editor of America magazine. He has written numerous articles and books, including <i>Choosing Christ in the World</i>.
- Author(s)Joseph A. Tetlow
- PublisherLoyola University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLoyola University Press,U.S.
- Weight172 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.