All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe fifth book in Tundra's Great Idea Series tells the story of Guglielmo Marconi, who became the father of wireless communication. As a boy, Marconi loved science and invention. And, thanks to his persistence, on December 12, 1901, for the first time ever, a wireless signal travelled between two continents. The rest is history. Kulling's playful, informative text, combined with the compelling illustrations of artist Richard Rudnicki, bring an amazing inventor and his times to life.
- Author BiographyCritically acclaimed author Monica Kulling has published over thirty-five books for children, including <i>In the Bag! Margaret Knight Wraps It Up</i> and <i>Going Up! Elisha Otis's Trip to the Top</i>, illustrated by David Parkins. The third book in Tundra's Great Idea Series, <i>In the Bag!</i> was selected by Smithsonian magazine as one of Ten Great Science Books for Kids. Her other two books in the series, <i>It's a Snap! George Eastman's First Photograph</i> and <i>All Aboard! Elijah McCoy's Steam Engine</i>, both illustrated by Bill Slavin, were also nominated for several awards. <i>It's a Snap!</i> was selected as One of the Year's Best Nonfiction Picture Books by <i>Resource Links</i>, and <i>All Aboard!</i> was a finalist for the Book of the Year Award - Juvenile Nonfiction by <i>ForeWord Reviews</i>. Monica Kulling is also the author of the hilarious <i>Merci Mister Dash!</i> and <i>Mister Dash and the Cupcake Calamity</i>. Visit her website at www.monicakulling.ca. The author lives in Toronto, Canada. Richard Rudnicki was born in Saskatchewan, but has lived in Nova Scotia for the past thirty-six years. He studied commercial art and graphic design before returning to his real love: drawing and painting. He has illustrated several books for children, including A Christmas Dollhouse; I Spy a Bunny; Gracie, the Public Gardens Duck; and Viola Desmond Won't Be Budged. He gives workshops in painting and drawing and shares a studio with his artist wife, Susan Tooke.
- Author(s)Monica Kulling
- PublisherTundra Books
- Date of Publication26/09/2013
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTundra Books
- Content Note1
- Weight380 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Artist(s)Richard Rudnicki
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.59
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.94
- AU $8.88Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.72
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.55
- AU $32.94Trending at AU $34.46
- AU $8.45Trending at AU $13.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.