Making Divorce Easier on Your Child: 50 Effective Ways to Help Children Adjust by Nicholas Long, Rex L. Forehand (Paperback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.50+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $10.00+ AU $11.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by uniquestuff111
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis title shows how best to help your child through your divorce. Making Divorce Easier on Your Child is filled with practical, sensitive, and highly effective ways to help children cope and adjust both during and after this major change in their lives. Most important, this information will enable you, as a parent, to minimize the negative effects of divorce on your children. Written by the highly respected psychologists and bestselling authors of Parenting the Strong-Willed Child , this invaluable book draws on the latest research findings and opinions of leading experts in the field, as well as the authors' own clinical experiences and research, to guide you from the first step of planning for divorce to telling your children of your decision to handling visitation and financial issues to moving toward the future - and looking after your own well-being in the process.Here you will find a range of easy-to-follow techniques and priceless wisdom including: fifty proven strategies for helping your children become well-adjusted despite your divorce; the most up-to-date scientific findings made available and accessible to parents; advice on how to accept your children's love for their other parent, as well as dealing with a ncustodial parent who becomes uninvolved; how to handle new family combinations; and, how to kw when to seek professional help for your children. The majority of issues faced by divorcing or divorced parents are difficult but t hopeless. Comprehensive, upbeat, to the point, and easy to digest during a stressful time, Making Divorce Easier on Your Child can make the adjustment less painful for all involved.
- Author BiographyNicholas Long, Ph.D., is a pediatrics professor and the director of pediatric psychology at the University of Arkansas Medical School and Arkansas Children's Hospital. He is also the director of the Center for Effective Parenting, which conducts seminars and workshops for parents and professionals. He is a noted public speaker and researcher, is frequently quoted in national parenting publications, and has appeared on many local television and radio programs. Rex Forehand, Ph.D., is Regents professor of clinical psychology and the director of the Institute for Behavioral Research at the University of Georgia. He is one of the most frequently cited authors in psychology and has been identified by his peers as one of the leading child psychologists in the United States. He presents workshops around the United States, as well as in countries such as Canada, New Zealand, and Australia.
- Author(s)Nicholas Long,Rex L. Forehand
- PublisherContemporary Books Inc
- Date of Publication13/02/2002
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContemporary Books Inc
- Content Noteform
- Weight349 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.