All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionResearch shows that a child's social and behavioral skills affect the development of cognitive and physical abilities. Set students on a path to success and have fun doing it with this newly retitled edition of the popular Wanna Play. The authors provide hundreds of activities that help children learn how to behave appropriately and make friends. Included are tools for teaching emotion regulation, team playing, and body safety to all children, making this resource ideal for use in inclusive settings. New features include: * A social interaction checklist for identifying learners' strengths and weaknesses * Teacher-friendly activities that can be used in small groups or with the whole class * A chapter on teaching emotions and communication skills Students with social challenges benefit from direct instruction, and early intervention helps prevent behavior problems and pave the way to academic success. This hands-on guidebook gives teachers, counselors, behavior therapists, and caregivers a wealth of easily implemented and fun-filled ways to enhance children's skills in all areas of social interaction.
- Author BiographyRuth Herron Ross, owner and author of the Wanna Play Program, has dedicated her life to the education of children with special needs and the autism community. Her fifteen years of education experiences, combined with her early intervention training, gave Ruth the foundation of knowledge in autism, language development, and socialization skills needed to create the Wanna Play Program. Beth Roberts-Pacchione is the codirector of the Wanna Play Program. For the past ten years at the Pennsylvania location, she has been facilitating social skill groups and individual sessions for children ages three to seventeen. She is now beginning to counsel adults to provide therapeutic support to those parents whose children have been diagnosed with special needs.
- Author(s)Beth Roberts-Pacchione,Ruth Herron Ross
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication21/08/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight885 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.