All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionHelping students develop healthy social skills is childAes playResearch shows that a child's social and behavioral skills affect the development of cognitive and physical abilities. Set students on a path to success and have fun doing it with this activity-packed second edition of Wanna Play. The authors provide hundreds of activities that help children learn how to behave appropriately and make friends. Included are tools for teaching emotion regulation, team playing, and body safety to all children, making this resource ideal for use in inclusive settings. New features include:A social interaction checklist for identifying learners' strengths and weaknessesTeacher-friendly activities that can be used in small groups or with the whole classA chapter on teaching emotions and communication skillsStudents with social challenges benefit from direct instruction, and early intervention helps prevent behavior problems and pave the way to academic success. This hands-on guidebook gives teachers, counselors, behavior therapists, and caregivers a wealth of easily implemented and fun-filled ways to enhance children's skills in all areas of social interaction.
- Author BiographyRuth Herron Ross, owner and author of The Wanna Play Program, holds a Bachelor of Science in Beth and Ruth have been successfully using their education, personal experience, and passion in children's social development for over a decade. They found that children were not applying the social skills they had learned into school and community settings. There were few programs dealing with socialization that accommodated children on many different interactive levels. They developed a curriculum that was flexible and easily personalized for the specific needs of each child. This insight has evolved into The Wanna Play Program. Ruth Herron Ross and Beth Roberts have been successfully using The Wanna Play Program's techniques with children for over a decade. They have lectured in schools, parent support groups and conferences on the program's benefits and application. They have been training teachers, parents, professional and children on social skills as well as the methodology and teaching guidelines suggested in the program.
- Author(s)Beth Roberts-Pacchione,Ruth Herron Ross
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication08/03/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight630 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.