All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionMaking Gender, Making War is a unique interdisciplinary edited collection which explores the social construction of gender, war-making and peacekeeping. It highlights the institutions and processes involved in the making of gender in terms of both men and women, masculinity and femininity. The war question for feminism marks a thematic red thread throughout; it is a call to students and scholars of feminism to take seriously and engage with the task of analyzing war. Contributors analyze how war-making is intertwined with the making of gender in a diversity of empirical case studies, organized around four themes: gender, violence and militarism; how the making of gender is connected to a (re)making of the nation through military practices; UN SCR 1325 and gender mainstreaming in institutional practices; and gender subjectivities in the organization of violence, exploring the tion of violent women and n-violent men.
- Author BiographyAnnica Kronsell is Associate Professor of Political Science at Lund University, Sweden. Erika Svedberg is Assistant Professor in International Relations at Malmo University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/10/2011
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Feminist Studies and Intersectionality
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAnnica Kronsell,Erika Svedberg
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.