All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHabits are more powerful than your will - if you kw how to make them work for you Two strings are hanging from a ceiling, one at the centre of the room, one near the wall. You're asked to tie the strings together, but you can't reach both at the same time. You look around the room and see a table and a pair of pliers. How would you solve the problem? When confronted with challenges, most people let habits rule them (in this case, igring the pliers, the creative tool at your disposal). That is t surprising when you realise that at least a third of our waking hours are lived on auto-pilot - ruminating over past events, clicking through websites trawling for updates and the like. Such unconscious thoughts and actions are powerful. But the habits of the mind do t have to control us - we can steer them. Drawing on hundreds of fascinating studies, psychologist Jeremy Dean - the mind behind the hugely popular and insightful website PsyBlog - shares how the new brain science of habit can be harnessed to your benefit, whether you're hoping to eat moreveg, take an evening run, clear out your email backlog, or be more creative when faced with challenges at work and at home.
- Author BiographyPsychologist Jeremy Dean is the founder and author of the popular website PsyBlog (www.psyblog.co.uk), which is read by upwards of 1 million people monthly and has been featured on the BBC and in the Guardian, the Times, the Huffington Post, and many others. Dean is currently a researcher at University College London.
- Author(s)Jeremy Dean
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication03/01/2013
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.