Save on Children & YA Non-Fiction
- AU $17.19Trending at AU $18.40
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $6.51
About this product
- DescriptionMaking Healthy Choices - A Story to Inspire Fit, Weight-Wise Kids is a ground-breaking piece of fictional children's literature that has been heralded by an array of health industry experts for its approach to helping overweight kids get on a healthy track, and motivating those within a healthy weight range to t only continue making wise lifestyle choices, but also better understand and empathize with peers currently struggling with a weight problem. This fictional children's story depicts the life of Matt, who typifies the average overweight American kid as he encounters the emotional and physical challenges associated with an adolescent overweight condition. The story culminates with Matt overcoming these challenges and improving his health by better understanding the importance of good nutrition and exercise, and through an increased awareness of the overwhelming number of cultural influences that can adversely affect his ability to make healthy choices. This tale of hope spotlights a representative overweight child who, by better recognizing and circumventing negative outside influences while proactively making positive lifestyle choices, achieves his goal of living a healthier, happier life.
- Author(s)Merilee A Kern
- PublisherStarbound Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStarbound Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight135 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jerry DeCrotie
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.