All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
About this product
- DescriptionMost of us take for granted the ability to pull open a door, get up from our couch, or pick up a dropped pen. But for Amy Chally, a thirty-four-year-old licensed social worker, with spastic quadriplegia cerebral palsy (CP), these simple tasks are a daily challenge. Determined t to let her CP hinder her ability to live a more independent life, Amy has overcome obstacles with courage, faith, the love of her family, and the help of Yazzen, a service dog, bred and trained by Canine Companions for Independence. Making Independence Happen, One Paw at a Time is a two-part memoir. Part one is Yazzen's adventurous tale of his journey from a tiny pup to Amy's invaluable partner in crime. Part two is Amy's story detailing how she got started on her journey to receiving a service dog and her quest to fulfill her heart's desire to help others as a social worker. A heartwarming testament to the powerful bond that exists between Amy and her dog Yazzen-a service dog who is her lifeline to independence, this inspirational story is also a closer look at what it's like to live with physical differences-while dreaming, laughing, and loving just like everyone else.
- Author BiographyAmy Chally is a thirty-four-year-old licensed social worker who has spastic quadriplegia cerebral palsy. The condition, caused by trauma to the brain, usually at or shortly after birth, makes it difficult for her to move or control the muscles in her arms and legs. For her everyday mobility needs, Chally utilizes a power chair and the help of her service dog, Yazzen-a black Labrador and golden retriever mix bred by Canine Companions for Independence.
- Author(s)Amy Chally,Yazzen Chally
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication23/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight77 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.