All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.29
About this product
- DescriptionNow adopted by over 40 states, the Common Core State Standards provide a clear and consistent framework for public school systems as they develop student learning goals that define the path to readiness for college, careers, and informed citizenship. While each state is developing its own procedures for adoption of the Standards, individual teachers will continue to hold the ultimate responsibility for devising lesson plans and tailoring instruction to meet these benchmarks. Making Language Matter will help prospective and practicing teachers develop lessons to meet the benchmarks enumerated in the Standards for the English Language Arts categories: language, speaking and listening, writing, and reading. A timely text for literacy education courses, it explores language topics within these categories and suggests pedagogical approaches and activities for use in 9-12 language arts classrooms. Using a linguistics approach to unify the study of all the language arts, it engages readers in learning how to help students make purposeful language choices essential for both academic and workplace success.
- Author BiographyDeborah J. Vause is Associate Professor of English and Humanities at York College of Pennsylvania. Julie S. Amberg is Associate Professor of English and Humanities at York College of Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Deborah J. Vause,Julie S. Amberg
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/09/2012
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note18 black & white tables
- Weight204 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.