All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaking Love with Scripture offers an accessible way of thinking about scriptural interpretation, showing how the destabilization of the text can open us up to the Iiberative work of God's Spirit. It also shows how such a destabilization neither obviates deep evangelical commitments r renders the text meaningless and ineffectual. It posits a mode of understanding the Word of God revealed in Scripture that melds what is best and life-giving from both the evangelical and mainline traditions. Making Love with Scripture is written for those who reject the dichotomy between evangelical hermeneutics that affirm the importance of Scripture for Christian faith and practice and mainline hermeneutics that diminish or igre the Bible's significance in favor of acts of justice in the world. It addresses those of us who seek a way toward the liberation of the created order out of systems of oppression and marginalization while at the same time affirming the agency of the Word in and through the biblical witness.
- Author BiographyJacob D. Myers teaches classes on preaching, biblical and theological interpretation, and postmodern culture at Columbia Theological Seminary in Atlanta, Georgia. He holds a PhD from Emory University and is an ordained Baptist minister.
- Author(s)Jacob D. Myers
- PublisherFortress Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/11/2015
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFortress Press,U.S.
- Weight227 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.