All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwenty years after his assassination, what is it about Malcolm X's life and words that speaks so powerfully to so many? In Making Malcolm, Michael Eric Dyson probes the myths and meanings of Malcolm X for our time. From Spike Lee's film biography to Eugene Wolfenstein's psychobiographical study, from hip-hop culture to gender and racial politics, Dyson cuts a critical swathe through both the idolization and the vicious caricatures that have undermined appreciation of Malcolm's greatest accomplishments. A rare and important book, Making Malcolm casts new light t only on the life and career of a seminal black leader, but on the aspirations and passions of the growing numbers who have seized on his life for insight and inspiration.
- Author BiographyMichael Eric Dyson is an ordained Baptist minister and Professor of Communications Studies at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. He is the author of the acclaimed Between God and Gangsta' Rap (OUP USA, 1996), and his work has appeared in The New York Times,The Washington Post, Emerge Magazine, The Nation, Vibe, andRolling Stone.
- Author(s)Michael Eric Dyson
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication25/04/1996
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight332 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $30.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.