All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a practical guide to using spiritual circles. It is an inspirational exploration of the beautiful and intricate art of mandalas, and their role in spiritual growth and meditation. It includes step-by-step instructions for creating your own designs for traditional and contemporary mandalas, and a guide to natural mandalas such as swflakes, tree rings and spiral galaxies. It is illustrated with images from the four corners of the world, from symbolic Hindu paintings and incredibly complex Tibetan sand paintings to Celtic spirals. A mandala is a picture, usually circular, that tells the story of a journey that can be followed by the inner mind. This unique book describes how mandalas have been used over the centuries by different cultures, as a means of focus in meditation. As well as explaining the art of these beautiful images, the book goes on to give instructions on how to create your own mandala in various different styles. The final part of the book offers help on how to use a mandala for creative, healing and personal meditations. Covering Celtic symbols and Navajo sand paintings as well as traditional Buddhist and Hindu mandalas, the book also features more modern mandalas created as an aid to psychological understanding. Illustrated throughout with inspiring images as well as practical photographs this book covers every aspect of making and using these spiritual circles.
- Author BiographyLaura J Watts has spent many years researching the rich cultural heritage of myths and beliefs across eastern and western traditions, and has a particular interest in meditation. Her studies give her a unique insight into the spiritual aspects of nitual and mandalas.
- Author(s)Laura J. Watts
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication12/08/2014
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 120 photographs
- Weight381 g
- Width208 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine12 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $33.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.