All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaking Nothing Happen is a conversation between five poet-theologians who are broadly within the Christian tradition - Nicola Slee, Ruth Shelton, Mark Pryce, Elear Nesbitt and Gavin D'Costa. Together they form The Diviners - a group which has been meeting together for a number of years for poetry, and theological and literary reflection. Each poet offers an illuminating reflection on how they understand the relation between poetry and faith, rooting their reflections in their own writing, and illustrating discussion with a selection of their own poems. The poets open up issues for deeper exploration and reflection, including: the nature of creativity and the distinction between divine and human creation; the creative process as exploration, epiphany and revelation; the forging of identity through writing; ways in which the arts reflect, challenge and dialogue with faith, and faith can inform and challenge the arts; power and voice in poetry and faith; and ways in which race, gender and culture interact with and shape poetic and theological discourse. This book will be of interest to poets and theologians, to all who read poetry and are interested in the connections between literature and faith, to those seeking inspiration for preaching, liturgy and pastoral care, and to those committed to the practice and nurturing of a contemplative attitude to life in which profound attention and respect are offered to words and to the creative Word at work.
- Author BiographyGavin D'Costa is Professor of Catholic Theology, at the University of Bristol. Eleanor Nesbitt, is Professor Emeritus, Warwick Religions and Education Research Unit, University of Warwick. Mark Pryce is Bishop's Adviser for Clergy Continuing Ministerial Development in Birmingham Diocese and Honorary Canon of Birmingham Cathedral. Ruth Shelton is a poet and theologian and Interim Executive Director of Emmanuel House in Nottingham, a centre for the homeless. Nicola Slee is Research Fellow at the Queen's Foundation for Ecumenical Theological Education, Birmingham, UK.
- Author(s)Dr. Nicola Slee,Eleanor Nesbitt,Gavin D'Costa,Mark Pryce,Ruth Shelton
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/02/2014
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight432 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.