All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.85Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionIn this compelling and rigorously documented exposition, Vandana Shiva demolishes the myths propagated by corporate globalisation in its pursuit of profit and power and shows its devastating environmental impact. Shiva argues that consumerism lubricates the war against the earth and that corporate control violates all ethical and ecological limits. She takes the reader on a journey through the world's devastated eco-landscape, one of genetic engineering, industrial development and land-grabs in Africa, Asia and South America. She concludes that exploitation of this order is incurring an ecological and ecomic debt that is unsustainable. Making Peace with the Earth outlines how a paradigm shift to earth-centred politics and ecomics is our only chance of survival and how collective resistance to corporate exploitation can open the way to a new environmentalism.
- Author BiographyVandana Shiva was one of India's leading physicists and is now a leading environmental campaigner, the winner of the Alternative Nobel Peace Prize and the author of several books, including Soil not Oil (2008), Earth Democracy (2005) and Stolen Harvest (2001).
- Author(s)Vandana Shiva
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication14/03/2013
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.