All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionNow thoroughly revised and updated, this concise text offers a deeply kwledgeable and balanced history and overview of political geography since its inception in the late nineteenth century. Rather than trying to impose a single fashionable theory, leading geographers John Agnew and Luca Muscara consider the underlying role of changing geopolitical context for understanding the evolution of the discipline. The authors focus especially on reinterpretations of the post-Cold War period, exploring the renewed questioning of international borders, the emergence of the Middle East and displacement of Europe as the center of global geopolitics, the rise of China and other new powers, the reappearance of environmental issues, and the development of critical geopolitics. Offering more flexibility than a traditional core text, this book will be a valuable resource for all courses in political geography.
- Author BiographyJohn Agnew is Distinguished Professor at the University of California, Los Angeles. Luca Muscara is associate professor of political geography at the University of Molise, Italy.
- Author(s)John Agnew,Luca Muscara
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/02/2012
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, maps, figures
- Weight454 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.