All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis study presents a new approach to tense-aspect teaching from the perspective of Cognitive Linguistics. Its aims are twofold: first, to provide a coherent account of the English tense-aspect system. To this end, a synthesis of Langacker's Cognitive Grammar theory and Fauconnier's Mental Space approach will be put forward. Second, to test the applicability and effectiveness of CL-informed learning materials in the language classroom. For that purpose, an empirical analysis was conducted involving German students of English at an upper-intermediate level. The study therefore addresses linguists and language teachers alike.
- Author BiographyMonika Reif works as a lecturer and researcher at the University of Koblenz-Landau (Germany). She studied English and German Linguistics, Literature and Culture at the University of Koblenz-Landau, the University of Western Australia and University College London. In 2006 she received a teaching degree and in 2008 a master's degree. This dissertation was funded by the Graduate School for Teaching and Learning Processes (UPGradE) at Landau University.
- Author(s)Monica Reif
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication23/12/2011
- Series TitleDuisburger Arbeiten zur Sprach- Und Kulturwissenschaft
- Series Part/Volume Number88
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.