All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionLanguage which develops 'against all the odds' is very precious. Words were t eugh for Tom; it was signs that made sense of a world silenced by meningitis. Confidence came via joyful and positive steps to communication from babyhood; a brush with epilepsy, a cochlear implant in his teens and life as an independent young adult followed.
- Author BiographyJenny Froude was a journalist on Woman's Weekly before retiring to have a longed-for family. New communication skills were needed when the youngest was deafened by meningitis at 5 months. The years that followed were a steep but lovely learning curve! She studied Signed English and worked as an SSA in a Senior Hearing Impairment Unit for four years.
- Author(s)Jenny Froude
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication17/04/2003
- Series TitleParents' and Teachers' Guides
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 6
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight267 g
- Width150 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.