All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe application of assessment frameworks hinges on human qualities and skills which are naturally prone to bias and inconsistency. Making Sense of Child and Family Assessment aims to support workers in analysing and making sense of the information gathered, and increasing accuracy and empathy in assessing the needs and risks for vulnerable children and young people. This book offers best practice guidance on how to analyse information gathered during the assessment of children and young people and their families. Good assessments take time and need to be appropriately resourced. A range of analytical tools are also needed if practitioners are to present assessments of children's needs which lead to meaningful care plans and improved outcomes. Helm introduces the key messages emerging from policy and research, and provides insights into today's multi-disciplinary practice. Professionals working in child welfare and protection roles, such as social workers, health visitors, midwives and teachers will find this practical guide to analysis invaluable in interpreting needs and outcomes.
- Author BiographyDuncan Helm is a senior teaching fellow at the University of Stirling, where he is Course Director for the Graduate Certificate in Child Welfare and Protection. Duncan previously worked in a variety of local authority child and family settings, and is now primarily engaged in continuing professional development for practitioners involved in working with or on behalf of vulnerable children and young people.
- Author(s)Duncan Helm
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/04/2010
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleBest Practice in Working with Children Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note28 figures
- Weight335 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Series Edited byBrigid Daniel
- Foreword byBrigid Daniel
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.37
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.